On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 04:48, Andreas Stenius wrote:

> I'll get back to you when I've had a closer look. First thought though:
> isn't there a lua_db lib that has wrapped mysql (and others) already.. or
> am I mistaken?

Their is, but the copy I downloaded from their site I could not get to
compile for anything. I was assuming that it was for Lua 4.0 or
something.

What my plans were is to make it easy for the installer to have the
equivelent of a LAMP (Linux, Apache, Mysql, Php) system, except, in our
case, LAML (that name sounds silly).

I will spend some more time with some other plugins and see how they
work out. My thoughts are that the loadmod functionality of Lua would
add power to mod_lua, but also, one of the things that has made php such
a success is everything is there, and it's all documented in a common
fashion and central location.

What are your thoughts on plugins? It's obviously crazy to expect
everyone who wants to use mod_lua has to also have mysql installed (and
then the growing list of libraries) so some type of module system has to
be setup. Maybe a list of mod_lua approved or suggested? Before they
will become suggested they have to reach a maturity of a well documented
and stable api? (obviously in the future, because mod_lua can't even
claim that ;-))

----
jeremy <jc@cowgar.com>

Today's luxuries become tommorows necessities