The people here are really trying to help you.... get it?  That doesn't
sound very nice does it?  Think about that.  People here are helping you in
spite of your rudeness, not because of it.

I understand this, thats why if you read some of my previous posts I
mentioned the fact that
I was greatful, and that I appreciated all the help over the weekend,
although I didn't make too much progress.  I really did enjoy and was
excited to see the responses.  So if it sounded like I was being a jerk, I
was really frustrated with it all.

I'm happy with the setup I got now, it originally wasn't everything I
dreamed of having, but I'll stick with it now, currently using one file per
level, could change this easy enough goes something like this.

level1.lua has
hero_init,hero_proc,hero_exit,
also currently has
guard01_init,guard01_proc,guard01_exit

then I call my
addNPC(0,0,0,"hero_init","hero_proc","hero_exit");

addNPC(0,1,1,"guard01_init","guard01_proc","guard01_exit");

functions to addplayers into the world, I thought of way to make this way
better since though

I just have one function say init, then at the end of init, I call something
like

 actor_setnewfunction("hero_nextfunc")  then the next frame it calls it
instead, then if I want to bail out

of hero_nextfunc() I could have a popproc function that could take me back,
or I could set anotherfunction on go my merry way.  I really like this
system the more I think about it, at the time I wasn't sure how I was going
to do certain things, but I figured what I would do was start with something
that worked, and then proceed, once I had a core done, I could build on it.

also one thing of note, I learned programming from family computing, or
something like that, long time ago, by typing in programs in basic (c-64),
all those line of data statements to get a lame pumpkin (ascii) on the
screen,  I guess what I'm saying is sometimes you learn by example's, and
not by books or documents, and sometimes it helps to have answers before you
read, I also learned by trial and error, and hard dedication, just if I
wasn't pressed for time, I could learn most of the language without to much
trouble.

Thanks again,

Tim Ryness