I think there are actually two destinct APIs for SQLite. The traditional callback based one, and a newer callback-less one, which was used by the previous Lua 5 binding for SQLite.

I would vote to try and supply both in Lua, so the Lua user can decide which to use depending on circumstances (ease of use or extra power)

Another way could be to go with the callbvackbased API and write a 'simpified' Lua interface in Lua...

Let me say that I like this new binding by Tiago very much, as it also makes the 'in-memory' databas feature availeable.

Thanks, Martin

Asko Kauppi wrote:

The "whole" - do you mean the original sqllite API or both that, and the add-ons.

I had a look at the one you mention, and it uses the add-on functions only. The best way imho would be to use the simple 3-4 original ones, and nothing else.

-ak

Tiago Dionizio kirjoittaa tiistaina, 2. joulukuuta 2003, kello 16:52:

Hello everyone,

since the existingsqlite library binding was rather incomplete i wrote
from scratch my attempt to provide an interface to work with SQLite
databases from lua. You can find what i have done so far at

http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~tngd/lua

basicly i believe i made available the whole SQLite api, and it should
fully functional.

This is also my first attempt to do something in Lua too :) - using C.

Hope this will be usefull to someone as much as it is for me.

Tiago
PS: suggestions and comments are welcome