I need to implement a DAG structure(or rather a tree where each node can
have an arbitrary number of children) using lua tables. The table will be
traversed from C during every frame so it should be as fast as possible to
do so. It should also be relatively fast and easy to add and remove nodes
from the DAG. I have thought of a couple of ways to do that but some people
here have much more experience with LUA so they might know of a better/more
efficient way to implement a DAG.

Dimitris