From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br
[mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of Mark Hamburg
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2003 4:25 PM
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: Thread woes

on 10/9/03 4:22 PM, Joel Pritchett at jpritchett@sammystudios.com wrote:

> Ok, the __index thing is really neat and works well

Sorry for the late posting.

One thing I discovered when doing this is that pairs does a rawget on
the
globals to get the "next" function which isn't a great thing to do if
you've
changed the global environment.

In this case, I was changing the value of LUA_GLOBALSINDEX by calling
lua_replace( L, LUA_GLOBALSINDEX ) and the thread in question was being
used
as a sandbox for an editing/execution environment. Could I avoid these
problems simply by setting the sandbox as the environment for the result
of
compiling each chunk of code? Or should I stick with the approach of
copying
into the sandbox the values that cause problems?

Mark