Dear Lua list,

Has anyone experimented with making an MPI-enabled Lua interpreter? My idea is quite simple; essentially use LuaPickle to serialize Lua data structures and pass them around with MPI_Send and MPI_Receive. Obviously, this is limited as this scheme doesn't serialize user data, but my needs are to make a very limited embedded Lua interpreter. I've tried to play with Alua, which as far as I can see, can serialize the C side of things, but so far I haven't got it to compile cleanly on my Linux cluster.

Best
Simon