On Mon, 2003-10-13 at 19:31, John Belmonte wrote:
> lua-users.org is not just the wiki.  There is also the mailing list
> archive, and the potential for other services in the future.

Aye.

> What is the rationale behind "I'll host the site if the wiki gets
> rewritten in Lua"?  The ml archive uses mhonarc for HTML conversion.  Do
> you suggest to rewrite mhonarc in Lua too?

Naah, I don't mind that.

The rationale for the wiki, is that there's no "out-there" Lua-based
wiki, and I'd love to see Aranha actually put through its paces by
someone other than me.

> I think lua-users.org at sourceforge is working well enough and a move
> isn't worth the effort.  But if the site was looking for a new home,
> it's best to choose somewhere that is 1) not likely to disappear in five
> or ten years and 2) puts the least constraints on software installation
> and configuration.

That's fair enough.

1) We're not planning on disappearing (We being Pepperfish Ltd)
2) Well, I am root on the box, is there any less constrained I can be?

Primarily I don't want to see more PHP on the box than I can get away
from, and Perl CGI based wikis are inefficient. Not sure how quickly
Python gets going, but running a python CGI can't be much more efficient
than Perl.

It was mainly an offer from the point of view of not wanting to see the
lua-users.org admins stuck because sourceforge cock something up.

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers@digital-scurf.org>
Digital-Scurf