[bug with function renaming]
> sorry, I will fix this bug and let you know.

Thanks.

> no, they will be freed during the next garbage collection cycle. you
> can test it by requesting a garbage collection explicitly.

Well, I run a garbage collector cycle once per second from my host
program. I also tried directly from the Lua script (collectgarbage()).

Although the struct is assigned to a (local) Lua var inside a (heavily
called) function, the gccount is always increasing. E.g:

function test_stats()
  local mystats = get_statistics()
  -- do something with mystats
end

Wer there some changes from Lua 4 to 5 resulting in this behaviour?

Bye,
Jens