At 21:41 11/9/2003 +0200, you wrote:

> I'm also having some problems, which I think are different to your
> problems. Mine relate to function overloading and renaming.

Yeah. Although these problems are not hard to fix in the resulting cpp
file, it's annoying to correct them manually.

sorry, I will fix this bug and let you know.

But it seems these objects are never garbage collected. I realized it
when I saw that the gccount was increasing rapidly when running some of
my scripts (sometimes this function is called more than a dozen times
per second).

I just made a test. The whole memory is freed when the script ends
(lua_close() is called). Shouldn't it be freed / garbage collected as
soon when the "my_stats" local runs out of scope or is overwritten with
a new table?

no, they will be freed during the next garbage collection cycle.
you can test it by requesting a garbage collection explicitly.

-- waldemar