I am considering switching from Lua 4 to Lua 5, and have come accross a
problem when compiling Lua 5 in Carbon.

ldebug.c line 267 defines a macro called "check", and lparser.c line 89
defines a static function named "check".

But, the Carbon Headers define a macro named "check" in Debugging.h.

Normally these would not conflict with each other, since both of those lua
"check"s are in their own translation unit.  However, the nature of Carbon
forces me to automatically include the precompiled carbon headers as a
prefix to every source compile (CodeWarrior Prefix file).  And so I do have
a conflict.

I don't expect the Lua team to change the name of a couple functions just
for me, but it would be more Carbon friendly if those names were changed.

Is this the right list to post stuff like this?

Brian Weed
Senior Software Architect
ImaginEngine Corp.