On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 16:55, chris.danx wrote:
> > You need to install the liblua50-dev and liblualib50-dev packages --
> > they are the development packages and will install the headers into
> > /usr/include/lua50/
> Ah right.  Thanks.
> Are they recommended by the package?  I installed it but didn't think to
> look at the recommended packages.

I don't believe so. It's rare for library packages to recommend their
-dev variants.

> How can I set the compiler to look for the header files in
> /usr/include/lua50 or include it?

I tend to #include <lua50/lua.h> but you can just do #include <lua.h>
and then stick -I/usr/include/lua50 on the commandline.

Also, consider looking at lua-config50 which is a tool liblua50-dev
installs.

> > D.
> > (I am the Debian package maintainer for Lua ;-)
> Yeah, saw your name in the manpage and thought you might subscribe here.

Rumbled ;-)

D.

--
Daniel Silverstone                       http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler: Digital-Scurf Unlimited