Hello,

We are planning to migrate one of our products from a home brewed scripting
language to Lua. We intend to provide a conversion tool for the existent
customer base that is still using the old scripting language. Unfortunately,
the old scripting language provides a goto statement and, based on my
estimates, there is a huge base of programs using goto's that our customers
are using.

Is there any Lua programming idiom that could be used to emulate goto
behaviour (as there are for emulating if elseif elseif ... chains and switch
statements)? Did anyone else face similar problems?

The other alternative would be to extend Lua with goto semantics, but
considering Lua's elegance this looks like a sacrilege to me.

Marius Gheorghe

CableTest Systems Inc.
400 Alden Road
Markham, ON L3R 4C1