On Thursday 11 September 2003 11.28, Benoit Germain wrote:
> If I remember well, this information is somewhere in the lua
> distribution. You simply have to use etc/noparser.c. If this file
> is included first in your link order, the functions it overrides
> should not be included in your final binary, thus effectively
> removing the parser.

Yep, you're right. Thanks!

And the resulting figures, for GNU/Linux/x86, if anyone else is
interested:

	lua:	128320 bytes
	luab:	104758 bytes (- 23562 bytes)

I'd guess around 60 kB of each executable is non-Lua stuff, based on
the size of the lua lib and the lua executable.

Next, I tested adding Lua to Kobo Deluxe (my SDL port of XKobo):

	without Lua:		494868 bytes
	with Lua:		565617 bytes (+70749 bytes)
	with Lua w/o parser:	541210 bytes (+46342 bytes)

(This is with Lua 5.0. 4.x can't be used without the parser, as I
understand it.)