The main question is: is there one around?
I need a tool to set breakpoints, look variables in some environment etc. to
monitor Lua execution in my C++ program. I know there was some work on it in
one Moscow game studio, if the author is subscribed - please reply.

If there's no such ready tool, it doesn't look that difficult to create it
with some ready environment (I use LuaIDE and very happy with it) and a
little library on top of Lua to set up hooks etc. If authors of IDE are
interested - probably I can do it myself if I'd have access to the source
code.

With respect,
Grisha