Hello Diego,

Having revisited my implementation of the MBUS specification using ACE
<http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html>, I have convinced myself that it
is too heavy weight for a light weight protocol. And that I should be able
to implement it using just Lua, measure the performance and then move parts
of the implementation to "C" if required.

For this, I need two features in the UDP class in Lua Sockets:
  -- Multicast support
  -- An option to set TTL

I know the details for Win32 for creating a multicast socket. However I am
not very clear where in Lua Socket (without breaking the abstraction and the
manual you are updating!) I would add this code.

Is this a reasonable request or should I slug it out and then submit a
patch?

TIA
--Vijay Aswadhati