Asko Kauppi wrote:

LGPL is okay for Lua add-ons and modules (if dynamically linking to the library). GPL is not, since even linking to it causes all other code to be 'infected' into GPL as well.

This has been an issue i.e. with readline (which is GPL). It may not be included in any distributed binaries.

There's an okay readline clone which is under a kinda MIT-style
license and developed up a little for ncftp.  If you want it for
luachaia or something, I think I have it around here somewhere.

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
'Fox News and all the other right-wing pundits thrive by assuring