Your C program is linked to Lua (as a library), then it
reads a configuration file using lua_open(), lua_load()
or luaL_load...(), lua_pcall() and lua_close(). Before
closing Lua, you can read Lua variables to set your
options. Or you may prefer to lua_register() (just after
lua_open) some C functions to be called by Lua, this way
the options are set during the execution of your script.

Now that you have the outline, you'll understand the
documentation better.

> hi all...
>
>    lua calls the C and C++ functions side of the applic
ation to apply the new configuration right? is it possibl
e that the original program / application does not have C
 and C++ functions in it? if it is, what does lua do abou
t these cases?
>    and im sorry, not that im pushing my luck, but are s
teps or something similar that lua follows to call out C
and C++ functions to apply the new configurations?
>    last one, if you are making a totally new program /
application using lua, how does luac compile the whole th
ing? i mean, is it still a given that C and C++ functions
 are present and can automatically be called out and thus
 making the new application work (assuming no errors were
 committed)?
>    thanks...
>

> =)

AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis!