I have not yet tried the Lua threads package but I feel I have a general
understanding of what it does. Before I get deeply into working with it, I
have a couple questions:

* How much use is it getting? Or to put it another way, am I on the front
lines of testing it or has it already been fairly heavily tested?

* How big a performance impact does it have? It looks to me like it does a
lot of locking and unlocking and I don't have a sense for how efficient
pthread locks generally are. (Or specifically are on MacOS X.)

Thanks.
Mark