Hi Luiz,

>> To support rerouting of lua's output into one or more of our app's views, I
>> added a field to lua's global_State: a c function ptr, which I stuff on
>
> What output do you mean?

Output from the print statement, i.e.  print("Hello");

> In lua.c, all output comes from just two functions:
> print_usage and l_message, plus of course print to handle "=" lines in
> interactive mode. It seems to me that it's easier to replace two 3 functions.

Hmm... I'm not using lua.c or luac.c

I've embedded lua in my app and I want all textual output from lua routed to
my own windows.  For any lua errors (lua_load, lua_pcall, etc) I get the
error message and display it in my window.

And I intercept luaB_print as described in the previous emails to route the
output from the print statement, ala above.

Is there other ways that lua outputs feedback?

> luaB_print is a Lua library, which shouldn't have access to the internals of
> lua_State!

D'oh!   :)

So far so good with it...

> plus of course print to handle "=" lines in
> interactive mode. It seems to me that it's easier to replace two 3 functions.

Hmm... I've seen this before; at the prompt, you enter an equal sign
followed by something.  Being new to lua, I don't know what that signifies.
Can you explain?

Thanks,
Ando