Let's see if I can give you more assistance than just encouragement.  ;-)

I'm building a shared library, not an application, so some of these settings may not apply to you.

1. From the C/C++ Language settings:
  a. Turn OFF Force C++ compilation.

  b. I also have most of the checkboxes in that left column turned off, but the one in a. is the only one I have in my notes as having affected Lua.

Hmmm.... that seems to be it.  I keep notes so that I can track what I did when building different targets, etc.   For better or worse I have no more notes than that.

Good Luck,

Chris Perkins
Media Lab, Inc.