>Curious if anyone has attempted this on WIN32 using mingw or VC++?
>The libmmalloc.a included with MingW gcc (though I'm not sure at
>the moment if it came with gcc or gdb) complains about unesolved
>references to 'sbrk' (I rummaged around in the gdb sources to
>find header to use with this lib).  I've Googled for another
>Windoze friendly mmalloc implementation but so far without great
>success.  Am I headed in the wrong direction?
>
>Thanks,
>Dean.

As far as I know, the Windows API doesn't define sbrk, it's an Unix system
call. MSVC (and mingw, which uses the Windows API) won't compile mmalloc.
You can try Cygwin (http://www.cygwin.com/), it emulates Unix calls on top
of the Windows API. If you manage to compile and run lper on Windows using
Cygwin, I'd like to hear about it. It should work, as Cygwin comes with an
working gdb.

As for another mmalloc implementation for Windows, I think the only library
which maps the malloc'ed memory into a file is mmalloc.

Andre de Leiradella
http://www.geocities.com/andre_leiradella/