> From: Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo
>
> I found this book mentioned in comp.lang.ruby
>
>  Game Programming With Python, Lua, and Ruby
>  by Tom Gutschmidt
>  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-
> /1592000770/qid=1058867575/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-2885583-
> 2864056?v=glance&s=books
>
> Does anyone know this book?

I don't know that book, but I do know about "Game Scripting Mastery" by
Alex Varanese and Andre LaMothe. I noticed it on the desk of one of our
programmers and I'm just having a skim through it. It is from the same
publisher - so I would suggest Roberto follows up that address.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1931841578/qid=1059064416/
sr=1-5/ref=sr_1_5/002-8733120-0525623?v=glance&s=books

Its main subject matter is writing and using scripting languages in
games Lua, Python and Tcl (??? - oh yes the Nebula Device uses this) are
mentioned as examples of off the shelf solutions:
	"The first stop on your scripting language tour is the quaint
little town of Lua"!

It discusses how games are structured, how scripting works: blocks,
concurrency, variables, flags, event driven, polling.

The Lua section includes information on: variables, operators, control
flow, functions, the Lua/C stack interface, the C API. Note this book
covers Lua 4.0, not the current version 5.0.

The bulk of the book however is about how to write your own scripting
language including a compiler: lexical and semantic analsys,
intermediate code generation, error handling.

It looks a pretty good introduction to scripting for newbies to games,
or scripting in games, or those who haven't found a scripting language
to meet their needs.

Regards,
Nick