Guess I was just being a bit dense.  For lbitlib, I changed:

LUALIB_API void luaopen_bit (lua_State *L) {
  luaL_openlib(L, "bit", bitlib, 0);
}

to:

int luaopen_bit (lua_State *L) {
  luaL_openlib(L, "bit", bitlib, 0);
  return 0;
}

and everything is happy.

Dean.

At 12:22 AM 7/18/2003 -0400, Thatcher Ulrich wrote:
On Jul 17, 2003 at 11:04 -0400, sessile@in-gen.net wrote:
> Has anyone built Rueben Thomas' bit and rex libraries
> using mingw?  I played around with them today and
> managed to generate a DLL, but there's a memory fault
> when loadlib is called.

Yes, these are both in luacheia and working.  The luacheia makefiles
are completely different from the default ones though, and use
automake and libtool, so I'm not sure if that's much help to you
directly.  But it definitely can be done.

--
Thatcher Ulrich
http://tulrich.com

--