What is the easiest path to embedding or binding Lua to a game engine? In my case I have a very lightweight 3D graphics engine that I want to be able to script using Lua.

I noticed on the Lua twiki page (http://lua-users.org/wiki/BindingCodeToLua) there are several suggested options but there don’t seem to be a definitive or well described path.

Anyone with experience tying Lua to a game or gfx engine able to elaborate on the best way? I’m hoping to avoid as much manual decleration and binding as possible. I noticed Nebula Device has some machine generated bindings but I’m not clear on how it achieves this other than it has pak files which are then used by some pre processor task.

Thanks for any help..

Benjamin