> From: "Mark Hamburg" <mhamburg@adobe.com>
>
> Actually, my standard definition would be to do a shallow copy.

    I get too wordy sometimes, but that's what i intended if you look at the
example code.  A basic shallow copy would be default behavior with the
option for a deep copy.

> A deep copy if one wanted one could be built in Lua code on top of a fast
> shallow copy.

    Do you mean outside of the standard library too?  Is there something
wrong with having them both in the library either as separate functions or
one function with a boolean?

    Tom