Sure a traditional publishing deal might be better, but as many people have said, it's not likely to happen right now.

I would like to point out that a "properly" published book would make lua look more viable to many people. When C# came out just about everyone I knew wanted to know when there would be some good books out on the subjects. These are bright people probably wouldn't need a book, but a good book on a subject can save you a lot of time and for most of these people time is a scarce resource.

A published book gives you something concrete to point at.  It's a good thing.