>You can recompile lmem.c with your own definitions of l_realloc and l_free.
>--lhf

    I agree i can and will.  I just expected a library to have simple
alloc/free callbacks that can be set programmatically... just like i can
overload how lua reads data from disk.  Yes it's a simple change, but any
time i make changes to unfamiliar code i have the potential of breaking it.
It's hard enough keeping your own code bug free to also be planting subtle
errors into a fairly well tested library.  Tom