> Threads in Lua are subject to garbage collection too. If you pop the
> new thread without storing it somewhere else, it will be eventually
> collected (and the whole edifice will crumb down ;).

OK, so that makes sense.  An unholy amount of sense, in fact, and I'm
ashamed I didn't spot that.

This leaves me with one question outstanding, however: If I do choose to pop
it and store it somewhere else, what can I actually do with it later on?
There doesn't seem to be any API dedicated to taking such a thread and doing
something useful with it -- or am I just missing something blindingly
obvious at this stage of the game?