> On the other hand, requests for documentation of lauxlib are very
> rare. Does this mean that no one is using it? Or perhaps no one is really
> writing library code by hand, relying instead on tolua or luabind or luna
> or whatever.

I use it directly.  I read the source code as the documentation.  Your C
code is very nice reading, so I've never actually felt the need to ask about
the lauxlib functionality.  The only thing that nags at me is I might be
missing something important because I've only ever skimmed over the lauxlib
header to get an idea of what functions might be there and delved into
source when I thought of a function I could use.