On Monday 16 June 2003 14:39, Andre de Leiradella wrote:
> I'm a big Lua fan and also a big OOP fan. While Lua provides the methods
> necessary to implement classes and objects through metatables

I think OO programming in Lua (with inheritance and polymorphism) could be
done even without resorting to metatables; I am not claiming this to be a
better way, just that it could be done.
I am working on it for a small demo I am writing, and I plan to document it
later. It relies on the "self." idiom you don't like, though.

  Enrico