This thread pops up on this list now and then. The __cplusplus thing has not been done so far and it is my impression that some influential people on this list are allergic to this idea. It's like when someone is allergic to apples, this fruit becomes a big "NO, NO" in their mind regardless of what anyone else might think of apples. On the other hand, ones that hit into this wall, quickly get through and stop fussing about it any more leaving the rest of us with an impression that ultimately it is not a big deal. Once in a while, however, another newcomer trips on this issue, the thread starts over again, the same suggestions are made and ignored (!), the problem gets fixed for that newcomer again and it stays calm until someone steps on it again.

I think the main benefit of not adding the __cplusplus thing is that it virtually guaranties that there will always be at least one never-to-die topic open for a debate on this list:)

Alex