Hi,

The last time I checked the book it was very out-of-date, and that was before Lua 5.
We all know how difficult writing a book can be. Specially if you're writing a book about something you're constantly changing.
Not to mention that Roberto is a full time professor.

I know a manual is not a book, but why would the Lua 5 manual not suffice for your company?
I used the manual alone to learn Lua 4, it was quite easy, and I was just an undergraduate student without experience with embedding scripting languages. I believe your company workers can do very well. The Lua 5 manual has been improved and is free, you can print it if you wish ;)
You could attach some good articles/samples from the Lua website/wiki to the printed manual, also.

--Thiago