If you're using GCC, you can use this drop-in lvm.c replacement
for one or two meagre % of overall execution speed improvement
(hey, it's free; no discernable net footprint increase), as
benchmarked with fib.lua...

I was looking into using GCC's get-address-of-label thing
to embed the instruction's label's address into the Instruction
itself, but I really really don't think it's going to be worth
the bother, even if it does turn out to be a measurable win, which
I'm not sure of at all.

So we're left with this (and a couple of minor micro-optimisations),
which at least is a no-brainer.

Regards,
--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
Never attribute to affection that which can be adequately explained