There is a working (and stable) 'sys' module in the Gluax package for this purpose. It contains directory browsing, etc. basic filesystem functions and is available for all Win32/Linux/OS X platforms.

You can compile the module either statically with your main app, or as a dynamic (gluax) module. Transparent support for gluax modules will be included in luacheia, but you don't have to wait for that.

-ak

Martin Spernau kirjoittaa torstaina, 22. toukokuuta 2003, kello 11:10:

Brad Olson wrote:

Martin,

Is cheialib or any of these libraries available as a Windows DLL or exe? I can read C, but am not very savvy about compiling projects correctly. I'd like to test LuaCheia on a small project. I've downloaded the 4/20/2003 build from sourceforge, but it doesn't seem to include the fs libraries.

No, LuaCheia currently doesn't contain the fs functions. I'm planning on moving them to a module, butdon't hold your breath as LuaCheia currently doesn't need the fs-function internally. When I (or someone else) get to it, the fs-function will be bundled into a 'loadmodule' ready dll/so (see the wiki LuaBinaryModules page)

Sorry I can't be of more help currently, but my time is very thin...

I'm probably not much help on the C end of things, but I'd love to help LuaCheia by writing documentation when it gets to that.

Very welcome!