RLake@oxfam.org.pe wrote:
At the risk of being obvious, it seems to me that Lua has a cross-platform
format: source code.

Quite so, though there's one good benefit to bytecode that I
hesitate to even bring up, though I'm fond of it myself: it
beats distributing your game source to users, when the majority
of your game logic is written in lua.

(Could always distribute obfuscated source... but somehow that
seems more offensive to me than just distributing the precompiled
bytecode.)

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3