>(b) have luac put information in the headers of the files it generates
>identifying these compilation options; and

It already does.

>(c) have the code that loads the files generated by luac look at the header
>and either invoke the fast it-matches-my-sizes import or the slow
>it-was-compiled-for-a-different-platform-size import.

Right. But like I said earlier, it may be sltightly easier to change
the dumper to generate cross-platforms files than to change the loader,
although it will not be as flexible.

On the other hand, when and if 64-bit platforms become the norm, then we'll
have to do this anyway...
--lhf