If I understand this correctly, what's desirable is a way to:

(a) tell luac to generate code for a particular set of platform sizes; and

(b) have luac put information in the headers of the files it generates
identifying these compilation options; and

(c) have the code that loads the files generated by luac look at the header
and either invoke the fast it-matches-my-sizes import or the slow
it-was-compiled-for-a-different-platform-size import. There should be an
option for things like embedded systems to only load "right sized" files to
cut down on runtime size.

It sounds like luac and the loader already do this for endianness, so this
would just be extending the mechanism to cover sizes as well.

Mark