Hi there,

    I was wondering whether anyone knew how to the chunk loading works and so forth and whether one can tell me whether executing a pre-compile lua chunk from a memory block is possible. I know about the chunk reader function and so forth. But i am guessing this just passes the data to lua whereby it takes a copy of it and executes it from there. I have an application where i should be able to execute the pre-compiled chunks from flash. I was going to look at the chunk loading mechanism and see whether i can do something like a lua_xip "execute in place", but i thought it might be best to ask before i venture into this if not required to do so. Also another question that would have to be asked if i can execute in place does the lua VM write back to the lua chunk which it happens to load? I suspect it wouldn't, but not being that familiar with the implementation i am not sure.

Cheers,

    Andrew Stanley Teirney