Nick Trout wrote:

From: Eero Pajarre
The actual package is in:

On that page take: luabuild-5.0.tgz

The sourceforge page claims that the package is platform-independent source. Actually it is a Windows binary !?

It is platform independent *source*. The *binaries* in LuaWin32.zip are
for Windows. I should probably separate out the platform specific
binaries. I made the tarball as a convenience for compiling and
distributing Lua for myself and made it public. I was thinking of adding
some C/C++ binding sample code to it as this seems a FAQ.

Hmmm, really odd... let me check... still only the lib and exe files, but
something is fishy here....

ARGH!!!

When Mozilla downloads the file it names it luabuild-5.0.tgz.gz
When I open that file with winzip it tells me it contains
luabuild-5.0.tgz, and when I open that (with Winzip) it only gives
me the binaries, no source files are shown.

If I rename the file back to to luabuild-5.0.tgz, Winzip opens it
ok. Of course also "tar xvfz" also gives the correct results.

So apparently I have found a bug in Winzip. Sorry for wrong information
in original message.

		Eero

PS. You might place the windows binaries as a separate package to sf
in any case.