Ryne Anderson wrote:

Ive been trying to figure out how exactly lua can be "installed" into something like vc++ 6. Do i just copy all the .h files into my include directory or is there something more?

When I am compiling my own application, which uses Lua as scritping
engine, I do as follows:

1) copy the lua include and src directories in a suitable
place in my project tree. (I keep them in their own directories).

2) add the location of lua include directory into my project options.
 (In VC++ Project/Settings-> C/C++ / Preprocessor / Additional Include directories)

3) add the source files in src and (the needed ones) in src/lib into my project

4) in the C++ files (written by me) where I use the lua API I do something
like:

extern "C" {
#include "lua.h"
#include "lauxlib.h"