I'm the current maintainer of Lua syntax file for Vim. I
couldn't get any reply from Carlos Augusto.
The latest version is at
lua-users.org/wiki/LuaEditorSupport
and it has long comments, nested long comments and
strings, new keywords and library functions. It supports
both lua 4 an 5.
The syntax file that ships with Vim is really old but
Bram Moolenar (Vim maintainer) said that my files
(syntax and indent) will be in the next release of Vim.

If you have suggestions or improvements over my files,
please send them to me.

I hope you're not disappointed to know that I already
updated the syntax file :)

Bye!

> Here's an updated version of the Lua syntax file that s
hips with vim.
> I've added some of the Lua 5.0 syntax, like multi-
line comments and for
> loops. My multi-
line comments weren't being coloured properly and it
> was bothering me. :)
>
> The author listed in the file is Carlos Augusto Teixeir
a Mendes. Is he
> still around? Can he update the file with the vim peopl
e?

Seleção de Softwares UOL.
10 softwares escolhidos pelo UOL para você e sua família.
http://www.uol.com.br/selecao