On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 15:42 Canada/Eastern, Asko Kauppi wrote:

I've got a workin OS X native loadlib.c as well, which I've intended to send to you.

It not only adds the native dylib (actually, bundle) support but also allows any C code to access the linkage functions directly. This is necessary for loadmodule etc. addons. Otherwise, we'll end up having N times the same code, and no-one will like that!

What is required by loadmodule? loadlib simply loads a library and returns an entry point. From what I've read about loadmodule, any version of loadlib that works like the dlopen version should be enough for loadmodule to work.

So, whichever solution you choose (or merge) for the future releases, I'd like to be able to work with it from the C level, too. Thanks!

Is there any functionality that you need beyond being able to call loadlib directly in C? I'm confused.