I've got a workin OS X native loadlib.c as well, which I've intended to send to you.

It not only adds the native dylib (actually, bundle) support but also allows any C code to access the linkage functions directly. This is necessary for loadmodule etc. addons. Otherwise, we'll end up having N times the same code, and no-one will like that!

So, whichever solution you choose (or merge) for the future releases, I'd like to be able to work with it from the C level, too. Thanks!

-ak

Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo kirjoittaa keskiviikkona, 14. toukokuuta 2003, kello 21:08:

I wrote a version of loadlib that uses dyld functions directly, and I get exactly the same error as when using dlcompat. But at least it removes the
dependency. Should I post the patch somewhere?

Yes, please. We're planning to add support for Mac OS X in loadlib and it'd be nice to see working code. (The other example we have is the code in pdflib.)
--lhf