I just read the archives since I'd rather not get the messages sent to me. Is this possible for the new list? It seems as though you only have the option of getting the messages in a bundle at the end of the day, what about not getting them at all?

Do you think you could relax this a little so that at least reading the archives would be possible?

"To see the collection of prior postings to the list, visit the Lua Archives. (The current archive is only available to the list members.)"
                                  ^^^^ Why?

When people first check out Lua they're going to want to view/search the mail messages to find answers. I think closing the Lua mail archive will have bad consequences for Lua, I know I'd never bother. Having to join in order to post is fine, but viewing/searching?

Regards
-John Labenski