Roberto wrote:
We thought about that. Technically it is easy; actually it is already
done: you can use "lua-l@lua.org" if you prefer. But there are too many
places that shows the raw address of the list (headers, welcome message,
etc.). It would be quite confusing if we talk about an address while the
list itself talks about another.

You are referring to mailman's pages? In mailman I believe you can configure a list to have an external address, and all the pages will adjust accordingly.

We do not intend to change severs frequently. Because the list is
closed, its address is not very relevant; what is relevant is how to
"find" the list. This is fixed at www.lua.org/lua-l.html. As you have
to subscribe, it is easy to get the opportunity and set an alias to the
list.

I think it is relavant, because I'd like to open a new message window and just type lua-l@lua.org in the To field :-).

-John

--