Asko Kauppi wrote:
Most likely this falls into not having a good 'kbhit()' function available in ANSI C, and the issue since becoming platform dependent. Or has someone got good clues or code on this?

ANSI C allow you to change the buffer setting for a FILE so you just have to remove the buffering for stdin. (with setbuf or setvbuf if I remember well, I've not my C book at the moment)

Tom

--
Thomas Lavergne                       "Le vrai rêveur est celui qui rêve
                                       de l'impossible."  (Elsa Triolet)