Hi Brad,
we implemented something like that for the LuaCheia (http://luacheia.lua-users.org/) project. Altho it is not currently used - it is pending to be 'moved' to a module - it is crossplatform code, tested under Linux and win32.
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/luacheia/luacheia/src/libcheia/cheiafs.c?rev=1.17&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

I hope that helps, and please comment on any bugs/improvements you find!

-Martin

Brad Olson wrote:

Dear Lua Users,

Has anyone coded a portablwe directory function for Lua 5.0? Something akin to

function directory( Path, FilePattern, IncludeSubdirectories?) -> list of file names

--Brad Olson
--brado@att.net --05/02/2003 at 9:37:31 AM