This is a pre-release because we have made several changes in config and
Makefile since Lua 5.0 (beta) and would like to test them before freezing the
package. So, please download and compile it, taking some time to read config,
and let us know if there are any compilation problems (or bugs in the code!).

I've got this (very non-)descriptive error from make:

gcc -o ../../bin/luac -Wl,-E luac.o print.o lopcodes.o -L../../lib -llua -llualib -lm -lreadline -lhistory -lcurses -lncurses
make[1]: *** [../../bin/luac] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/cygdrive/e/pablo/lua/lua-5.0/src/luac'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I'm using cygwin.
How can I get a more descriptive error message?

--

Pablo.