From: Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo [mailto:lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br]
Sent: 02 April 2003 01:17
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Lua 5.0 (pre-release) now available

A pre-release of Lua 5.0 (final) is now available for downloading at
        http://www.lua.org/ftp/lua-5.0.tar.gz

This is a pre-release because we have made several changes in config and
Makefile since Lua 5.0 (beta) and would like to test them before freezing
the
package. So, please download and compile it, taking some time to read
config,
and let us know if there are any compilation problems (or bugs in the
code!).

The tarbal includes an updated reference manual in HTML, but no indices.
A complete manual in HTML and a PDF version will be available on the site
when Lua 5.0 final is released.

If no installation problems are found and reported in a week or so, we'll
release Lua 5.0 final.

Thanks for your help and patience.
--lhf