On Sat, 29 Mar 2003, Wim Couwenberg wrote:

> I have a question about luasocket (for Lua 4.0.1) on Win32
> (we currently test on Windows 98.) It turns out that the
> select call does not sleep at all when called with empty
> tables and a positive timeout but instead returns
> immediately.  Do you know a way to patch this?  (It's not
> that important, but it would be just that bit nicer.
> Currently we check for empty tables and sleep instead of
> doing a select.)

I don't have access to a Win98 machine but, in Linux, both
LuaSocket 1.4 and the 1.5-work I just released do sleep when
given empty tables (or even nil) and a positive timeout.
Can you test this little snippet just to make sure?

    print("Before");
    select({}, {}, 1.4);
    print("After");

Let me know and I will try to find a Win98 machine. :o(

Best regards,
Diego.